Enterprise Architecture: a Smart Foundation for
Effective, Efficient Services
Citizant has developed and leverages award-winning methods and processes that have been recognized as federal best practices in Enterprise Architecture and Enterprise Information Management for since 1999. Citizant’s repeatable, engineering-based approach -- known as the Middle-Out EA Implementation Methodology -- leverages methods, tools, and existing EA assets to quickly populate a framework to provide an understanding of the current landscape, critical gaps, and line-of-sight to guide transformation initiatives.
We have successfully leveraged this approach to drive value and measurable results aligned with agency priorities by customers such as the Department of Housing and Urban Development, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, the Federal Trade Commission, the Air Force Reserve Command, the Department of Interior, the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center, the Federal Railroad Administration, and many other federal agencies.
Through Citizant’s approach, EA becomes the central point from which you can:
- Make sound investment decisions using an integrated, repository-based architecture
- Effectively plan transformation initiatives leveraging vital enterprise knowledge
- Manage change across program areas and business lines with an enterprise-wide perspective
- Establish and implement standards that enable interoperable information sharing solutions
- Improve business operations by identifying gaps and opportunities for business process optimization
- Guide IT initiatives to align with business priorities, requirements, and performance goals
- Meet OMB and GAO legislative reporting requirements
Citizant’s proprietary Middle-Out EA Implementation Approach focuses on understanding the current EA landscape, filling in the gaps, and driving out solution requirements that provide business results. The Middle-Out Approach:
- Combines top-down creation of performance, business, and data architectures with iterative, bottom-up activities
- Integrates best-practices for aligning strategic business objectives with practical, results-oriented initiatives
- Identifies business improvement opportunities, shows early success, and continually demonstrates business value to obtain buy-in and sustain momentum for your EA program
Citizant’s unique approach results in access, integration, and alignment of current artifacts and investments that help expedite segment architecture and solutions development initiatives.
FEA Work Cited
Citizant’s work on Federal Enterprise Architecture with top-rated organizations — such as the Department of the Interior and the Department of Housing and Urban Development — has been widely recognized. MIT chose to incorporate Citizant’s data architecture work as part of the MIT Information Quality Program. Our customers’ citations include:
- “Promising Practice” Award by Government Computer News
- The Leadership in Enterprise Architecture Deployment (LEAD) “Federal Best Practice”