Greg Gorgone, CPA, CGMA
Chief Financial Officer
As Chief Financial Officer, Greg Gorgone is responsible for all accounting, finance, and contracting functions. He also provides support to business acquisition research and implementation in the form of due diligence, strategic counsel, and integration planning and execution. Gorgone’s goal in this role is to develop, maintain and expand the company’s financial and business infrastructures to support its growth and strategic plan.
- Government contracting accounting systems and processes
- Negotiating and managing commercial credit facilities
- Due diligence and integration planning for mergers and acquisitions
Top 3 professional accomplishments during the last 3 years:
- Restructuring and renegotiating Citizant’s commercial banking relationship
- Recertifying Citizant’s accounting systems as acceptable for government contracting (DCAA)
- Managing corporate financial resources to produce the company’s 13th consecutive year of profitable growth
Customers I’ve supported during the last 5 years:
- All of them!
- Citizant’s senior management team and business unit managers
- Outside accounting firms, banks, insurance companies, and law firms who rely on me to succeed on Citizant's behalf
Industry/government organizations and activities:
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- National Contract Management Association
- Virginia Society of CPAs
Companies where I’ve worked:
- American Management Systems (AMS)
- MCI Telecommunications
- B.S., Accounting, Strayer College
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Global Management Accountant
- Certificate in Federal Government Contracting, George Mason University
What professional activity gives me the most satisfaction?
"Adapting to an ever-changing set of demands necessary to support a growing, profitable organization."
What gives me the most satisfaction outside of work?
"Enjoying an 18-hole round of golf and keeping the score at two digits."