Strategies & Support for Data Estate Modernization, Data-Driven Cultures, and AI Readiness
Citizant’s data strategy experts use proven best practices, methodologies, and frameworks from Federal Civilian, DoD, private industry, and academia to provide CDOs and agency line-of-business owners with full lifecycle data management services that mature organizational data practices and data literacy across the enterprise.
Citizant’s expert capabilities include support for include CDO program strategy and support, enterprise data architecture, information quality, data governance, data ecosystem interoperability, metadata management, data analytics and visualization, and enterprise AI/ML readiness. We enable key CDO actions and skills such as strategic analysis, technology assessment, best practice recommendations, and data engineering to the implementation and administration of data tools and technologies.
At a major federal financial agency, Citizant supports the CDO and CDO Staff in developing and implementing frameworks and actionable roadmaps that enable the migration of legacy data to the Microsoft Azure Cloud and promote the development and use of AI/ML best practices. Our team of senior and mid-level data strategists, architects, engineers, analysts, and governance professionals identify and develop key CDO actions from strategic OCIO priorities with specific milestones, measurements, and objectives.
Foundational Data Experience
- 20+ years leading strategic Federal EDM, DQ, data governance, and EA initiatives.
- Successful implementation, configuration, and Authority to Operate (ATO) of enterprise data platforms, including Collibra.
- Experience engaging with data thought leaders from academia (MIT, Harvard), industry, Federal government, and DoD.
- Success in delivering EDM, EA, and data governance solutions in a federated environment (e.g., DHS, DoD).
- Developed an innovative and prescriptive EDM maturity self-assessment approach and tool based on the Software Engineering Institute’s Data Management Maturity Index.
- Delivered data infrastructure and platform engineering services to national security and Federal civilian agencies.
- Provided master data and metadata management strategies, implementation, and stakeholder engagement expertise.
Industry & Academic Partnerships for Leading-Edge Practices
Citizant specializes in the development and integration of fit-for-purpose frameworks, strategies, and leading practices in the field of data science. We are an active member of the CDO and DQ community and maintain an 18-year strategic partnership with Dr. Richard Wang, founder of MIT’s CDO and Information Quality program and the first CDO in government. We leverage this long-term partnership and our expansive network of elite data experts and CDOs from industry, academia, and government to bring enhanced value to Federal data programs and senior leaders.
Furthermore, Citizant maintains a strategic partnership with Kotter International to support Federal agencies with modernization and transformation programs. Our senior executives and communications experts apply Dr. John Kotter’s 8-step process to support organizational change management, modernization and transformation, and strategy development and communications – all of which are vital elements for the success of new and maturing organizations such as the Office of the CDO in government.