Strategies & Roadmaps for Legislative Compliance
Citizant’s data strategy experts use proven best practices, methodologies, and frameworks from Federal Civilian, DoD, private industry, and academia to provide CDOs and agency line-of-business owners with full lifecycle data management services that mature organizational data practices and data literacy across the enterprise. Citizant’s support for key CDO actions and skills has ranged from strategic analysis, technology assessment, best practice recommendations, and data engineering to the implementation and administration of data tools and technologies.
We provided the DHS Office of the CIO and Chief Data Architects with legislative reviews, impact analyses, and alignment recommendations after the enactment of the Foundations for Evidence-Based Policymaking Act that mandated the creation of the Office of the CDO (OCDO) across the federal government. We have developed analyses, reviews, and recommendations for CDOs on the Federal Data Strategy and a revised Data Maturity Framework.
Our enterprise-level experience with Immigration and Homeland Security (HLS) data, strategies, and pipelines enable us to accelerate enterprise data alignment and operationalize data assets. We have supported enterprise data management, data quality, data governance, data engineering, master data, and metadata management strategies, policies, and platforms at DHS since 2002.
At a major federal financial agency, Citizant supports the CDO and CDO Staff in developing and implementing frameworks and actionable roadmaps that enable the migration of legacy data to the Microsoft Azure Cloud and promote the development and use of AI/ML best practices. Our team of senior and mid-level data strategists, architects, engineers, analysts, and governance professionals identify and develop key CDO actions from strategic OCIO priorities with specific milestones, measurements, and objectives.
Foundational Data Expertise
- 20+ years leading strategic Federal EDM, DQ, data governance, and EA initiatives.
- Successful implementation, configuration, and Authority to Operate (ATO) of enterprise data platforms, including Collibra.
- Experience engaging with data thought leaders from academia (MIT, Harvard), industry, Federal government, and DoD.
- Developed an innovative and prescriptive EDM maturity self-assessment approach and tool based on the Software Engineering Institute’s Data Management Maturity Index.
- Success in delivering EDM, EA, and data governance solutions in a federated environment (e.g., DHS, DoD).
- Delivered data infrastructure and platform engineering services to national security and Federal civilian agencies.
- Provided master data and metadata management strategies, implementation, and stakeholder engagement expertise.
Industry & Academic Partnerships for Leading-Edge Practices
Citizant specializes in the development and integration of fit-for-purpose frameworks, strategies, and leading practices in the field of data science. We are an active member of the CDO and DQ community and maintain an 18-year strategic partnership with Dr. Richard Wang, founder of MIT’s CDO and Information Quality program and the first CDO in government. We leverage this long-term partnership and our expansive network of elite data experts and CDOs from industry, academia, and government to bring enhanced value to Federal data programs and senior leaders.
Furthermore, Citizant maintains a strategic partnership with Kotter International to support Federal agencies with modernization and transformation programs. Our senior executives and communications experts apply Dr. John Kotter’s 8-step process to support organizational change management, modernization and transformation, and strategy development and communications – all of which are vital elements for the success of new and maturing organizations such as the Office of the CDO in government.